The doctors & staff of Ambleside & Grasmere welcome you to our website
We hope to use our surgery website as a way of presenting all our patients with an up to date resource for all information relating to our practice. We will keep it current with any news, developments & details that are relevant to the practice & our patients.
Have a look around our website and please do send us some feedback. We can use your thoughts to improve our online services & further develop the website to make it a more useful, practical application for our patients.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROPOSED MERGER OF
AMBLESIDE AND HAWKSHEAD MEDICAL PRACTICES
Hawkshead and Ambleside Medical Practices are considering merging to provide medical care for residents and tourists in the Central Lakes area.
WHY ARE WE CONSIDERING THIS?
- Both practices want to ensure that our patients have access to good quality local medical care in the long-term.
- A larger patient population will enable us to be in a better position to attract services that will move out of hospitals under the Better Care Together strategy.
- A larger practice will be able to react more positively to the increased workload which all practices are seeing and will continue to see in the future.
- Sharing of resources will provide greater financial security for both practices and will improve equity of medical care across the Central Lakes
- We will be in a stronger position to attract more GP trainees who may stay in the area.
WHAT WOULD THIS MEAN FOR OUR PATIENTS?
- More regular GPs working together will mean better continuity of care, with fewer locum doctors and more appointments available even during holiday periods.
- All patients would have access to GPs and/or Nurses on three sites- Ambleside, Grasmere and Hawkshead
- We can provide a wider range of services to all our patients by sharing expertise and manpower.eg. minor surgery, contraceptive services, minor injury services
- Patients will have access to more appropriate services e.g. Phlebotomy and Practice Nurse services at a range of sites.
- The practices will continue to develop close working relationships with the pharmacies in each village to ensure patients and visitors are given the best appropriate care.
- Some changes will be required in the services at each site. We have designed these to ensure that we allocate resources to maintain the current service levels.
WE WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR VIEWS OR QUESTIONS
We believe that working with the Hawkshead Practice is essential to future-proofing your GP services. We understand some of you will have comments and questions about this so please:
contact any of the GPs at Ambleside or Hawkshead, in writing if possible with your questions. The address for the Ambleside Group Practice is Rydal Road, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9BP and for Hawkshead The address for the Hawkshead Medical Practice is The Old Forge Surgery, Red Lion Yard, Hawkshead, Cumbria, LA22 0NU
- place your comments in the comment boxes which are available at both surgeries.
- Come to the Public Meeting on the 15th at 7.30 at the Parish Centre, Ambleside
- Come to the Public Meeting on the 23rd September at 7.30 at Grasmere Village Hall
- come to the Public Meeting on the 16th Sept, 7.30pm the Hawkshead Market Hall.
- please look out for updates on our websites, in the surgeries and in local media.
Thank you from all the GPs at Ambleside and Hawkshead Practices
EVENING SURGERIES 18.30 – 21.00
Tuesday 4th August Dr. Stanley
Tuesday 11th August Dr. Baqai
Monday 17th August Dr. Melhuish
Tuesday 1st September Dr. Stanley
All surgeries are held at Ambleside Health Centre
Appointments for these clinics can be booked by telephoning 015394 32693 or in person at the Health Centre
(Site updated 03/08/2015)